Tuesday, 26 January 2010

Pretty *S*

This was originally a little sketch I made for my friend *S* when she found out she had to have braces put back on her teeth in her 20's. She was not very impressed, so I made her this little character to make her laugh.

Not quite sure why she's wearing a crash helmet, but maybe it's because she is known for being pretty unlucky and clumsy! Actually, I don't think she is more clumsy than the rest of us, but she has the guts to laugh at herself and admit when she has done something clumsy whereas I would just go bright red and pretend like nothing happened...

This was originally just a sketch, scanned and coloured digitally in flat colour, but I fancied having a go at a pastel version. Not the most amazing thing, but it'll do nicely as this week's IF contribution.

6 comments:

Krista said...

Adorable! I looked at your website-- your shapes and compositions are fabulous!

justdoodleit said...

Cute smile and like the colorful crash helmet :)

cally jane studio said...

I really love your artwork, great character work - so cute :)

Shirley said...

Oh! So wonderful. This is such a great uplift for your friend. I'm sure it brings her smiles everytime she sees it. Many thanks for your lovely visit as it makes me smile to hear of your thoughts about my little one's "leaf balloons" (though I think I painted them to look like artichokes!)...and her name. We just love the two dots (umlaut?) on it...and she loves putting them there. I am going to peruse your site soon! Have a great rest of the week.

ginger bred said...

Ooooh love this!!! Her expression is so funny, it really made me giggle, bless her! I really love your ilustration style, its very beautiful! Cant wait to see more now :)

Dayle's Painted Diary-Dayle Dodwell said...

Ha ha wonderful illustration.